Bc 55, one of the few small sites located on the north side of Chaco Canyon, lies east of Hungo Pavi and west of Chetro Ketl. There are petroglyphs and holes (viga holes or hand/toe holes) in the cliff wall behind the site. Three rooms and one kiva were excavated by Paul Reiter and the University of New Mexico field school students in 1941.
Alternate designations for this site are 29SJ1921 and LA41921.
- 1941: Excavated under the direction of Paul Reiter by Theodora Buggeln, M.
Chandler and the University of New Mexico/School of American Research field school
Size and Dates
- Approximately three rooms and one kiva
- There are no tree ring dates for this site
- Construction dates from the late 11th through the mid 12th century (McKenna and Truell 1986: 298).
Site and Room Data
- Aztec West Ruins
- Bc 50 - Tseh So
- Bc 51
- Bc 53 - Roberts' Site
- Bc 57
- Bc 58
- Bc 59
- Chetro Ketl
- Pueblo Bonito
- Pueblo del Arroyo
- Talus Unit #1